Quick views using number pad like in Blender?

I’d like to use the numpad keys, too, because I was used to switching views from 3ds max, Softimage XSI and Cinema4d.

8: Back
4:Left, 5: Top, 6: Right
2: Front
1: Bottom
…or something. I like to think of the numpad like a little cube or pyramid with the sides as views.

However, for me it would work if at least CTRL-numpad keys were possible - which they aren’t, but which would be doable I believe.

In case you didn’t know: SPACE can be used like ENTER in commands. I have my left hand placed by the keyboard all the time, and press SPACE with the thumb. 1000 times a day (if it’s a really productive day).

It makes NO sense to make one-letter commands in Rhino, because of the command line. It’s a brilliant concept, which should remain by all means! You have to get used to it, but chances are high you will love it when you understood it.

If you want to really hack that key system (which I won’t recommend), you could use AutoHotkey. You can do literally anything with it. (I wrote me a script that allows for dynamic zoom in AutoCAD and ArchiCAD e.g.)