Quick Laptop Rec: XPS 15 (2020) vs ASUS Zephyrus G14

Hi all,

I’m looking to upgrade my current machine. In addition to Rhino (VRay, Enscape, Grasshopper) I’ll be using Photoshop, Illustrator, Revit, AutoCAD… maybe some minor video editing here and there. Mostly using for architecture and perhaps minor coding.
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 ($1450) seems like a solid option, but the lack of DIY upgradabilty is unfortunate.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-zephyrus-g14-14-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-max-q-1tb-ssd-moonlight-white/6403816.p?skuId=6403816

The new Dell XPS 15 ($2150) feels more premium and overpriced, but the upgradability would suggest a longer lasting machine.

Specs are a little different, but I could upgrade RAM and SSD later on the XPS… thoughts?

I was also looking into G14 but here in China I see that some sellers are shipping it with up to 40GB of RAM. 8GB being soldered and another module of 32GB. GPU seems to be ok as it is rtx 2060Max-Q. I’m not sure about the SSD though, if it can be changed or not but it would be logical that it’s M.2 and thus available to change. If so, the question that remains is how accessible it is, whether or not it requires a lot of parts to be disassembled. Dell on the other hand has much better screen but CPU is slower. These new Ryzens are beasts. If I am not mistaken, Dell should also be able to be configured with RTX 2060? If yes then it should mainly come down to how much you value a good screen. 4k on 15" is futile but the color rendition is something else.