Question of EqualAngle

HI,@Daniel Piker

Do you have any demo or sample of EqualAngle?
because I can’t figure out how to use this.

Thanks

Hi,

I’m not Daniel, but hey…

It simply equalises the angles between multiple pairs of lines. You input the first line of each pair into LineA and the second one into LineB.

Additionally, you probably want to declare the end point that both lines of a pair have in common as an anchor point. If you don’t the original lines move away from their initial locations.

Furthermore, you can define a minimal length for each line. If you for instance want to keep them at their original length (default) or set a specific one.

Simple example: equalise_angles_example.gh (11.6 KB)

1 Like

One thing about EqualAngle I think can be confusing if you aren’t used to it is the data matching.

It works on 2 lists of lines. These lists should be the same length, and each corresponding pair of items in the 2 lists makes an angle, and it equalizes all these angles.
An easy mistake to make is having your lines all in separate branches, which would mean they don’t interact.

Another more advanced application this data matching does allow is using one component to create multiple EqualAngle goals, each acting on its own list of angles, but without interaction between the data branches.

Here’s an example showing these scenarios:

EqualAngleDataMatching.gh (15.7 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for your detail answer.

I know this component can force any angles between two lines same, like your example 21.9 degree
But you have any idea about relation between strength and angle?
How the “EqualAngle” determine the all angle to be 21.9 degree.

Thanks for your reply

It is helpful to me understand this component.
But you have any idea about relation between strength and angle?
How the “EqualAngle” determine the final angle from blue range to red range?