Query Category reports RevitDBAPI: Category is unexpectedly NULL

I had inadvertently went to Twitter first instead of here.

the DOC is coming from the Active Document component, there is a gate to pick links and active or just active. I have made a work around thru a temporary revit file from which the elements can be copied and posted in place to the live model.

I am helping a team in our office and this occurred in our process that pulls elements from revit per category within a scope box. I was informed this model was provided by a consultant who performed the existing conditions survey. I have not had issue with the definition in other model files in the time we have developed and used this process.

Uploads provided to RiR team.

Thank you,
-Ren

Hi Ren,

I tested this with a linked file and everything appears functional. I’m not quite following the process

“the DOC is coming from the Active Document component, there is a gate to pick links and active or just active. I have made a work around thru a temporary revit file from which the elements can be copied and posted in place to the live model.”

Ok, I’ve opened up the model you’ve sent and seeing the error.

I’m going to do an audit and see if there are any database errors. I’m guessing a corrupt category entry, but at this point it’s pure speculation.

Built-in Category selector is working normally

A Human UI Check Box value comes into the relay above Active Document component. If the relay is 0 only active doc is pulled, if 1 both active doc and links pass through. this is from my intermediate model that doesn’t report error.

as this is only happening in this single file, we’ll keep the workflow as is for other projects, and use the builtin categories for this file. Thank you.

Hi @mrainville,

There is a fix for this that will be available on v1.8 RC, next Thursday.

Thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like