QuadRemesh incorrect

I drew a random polyline.
Next I used the “planarSrf” command.
I ran the “QuadRemesh” command on this plane.
As you can see the result looks bad.
Why?
Quadremesh incorrect.3dm (144.6 KB)

(even the starry forms, with cusp angles, the quadremesh fails):

I had the same problem - complete mess.

Hello - add a custom render mesh to your object without Simple Planes set.

-Pascal

Forgive me Pascal, what exactly would the command be?
(in any case, would it be necessary to be able to do this with QuadRemesh?).

Hm - actually it is not necessary - seems fine right from the standard render mesh here.

-Pascal

Pascal, I reproduced the shape of your example, the quadremesh works!
The problem is in the form of my example, all too acute … I don’t know what to say … :roll_eyes:

I guess we can say that the miracle is not yet complete.

-Pascal

So let’s put my two examples in the hands of the developer (quadremesh), so he can try to perform the miracle! :wink: :innocent:

Actually I think this is a known limitation - I remember @trav telling me something about acute angles being problematic.

-Pascal

2 Likes

Also, QuadRemesh will work fine on those if you give them thickness:

That’s also a known issue.
-wim

Without controversy.
Any tool should be as reliable as possible (within the limits of possibilities), it cannot work in fits and starts …
The task of the developers is to break down certain limits and provide tools that are not always foolproof, but safe in many cases! :wink:

I’m not sure if I would want to use the quad mesh of the star… It is a solution but not a nice one.

I split the star surface into quads and of course that works nicely:

And one of the objects from the file provided in the first post, surface split and extruded a bit:

Yes, that’s right, if you give thickness to those very angular shapes the Quadremesh works.
There is always the limit of this command, which should work without adding thickness. I hope the developer solves (maybe in Rhino 8) this small discrepancy.