QuadRemesh command and UI not loading when in Rhino.Inside.Revit

When opening the Rhino window through Rhino.Inside.Revit, the QuadRemesh command will not activate the “Quad Remesh Detailed Options” UI for an object and remesh it.

Workflow attempt 1:

1. Activate Rhino.Inside.Revit
  2. Open Rhino window
  3. Select object and run QuadRemesh
  4. No command activates or UI is loaded

Workflow attempt 2:

1. Activate Rhino.Inside.Revit
  2. Open Rhino window
  3. Run QuadRemesh command
  4. Prompt to select object, confirm
  5. Object is remeshed but I cannot edit remesh settings (no options form)

EDIT: I’m adding the additional detail of Rhino being on a separate monitor and causing the issue described above. The form does show if Rhino is on the same monitor as Revit.

It works to me.

Do you have any error message at command line or elsewhere?

If you attach a debugger, is there any message in the debugger Output window related to this?

To make this more effective please mark the ‘Common Language Runtime Exceptions’ as here.

hi @kike,
I’m now trying to reproduce it - I left out a critical detail:

After further testing, the QuadRemesh form will show for me if Rhino is on the same monitor as Revit. However, if I have Rhino one on a separate monitor from Revit, then the form will not show (but Rhino does seem to behave as if it is open “somewhere”. If I hit enter, the command will complete)

I’m wondering if it is outside the screen area.

Please try this:

• Activate Rhino.Inside.Revit
  • Create a box.
  • Select the box and run QuadRemesh.
  • Now ‘Quad Remesh Options’ should be visible.
  • If is not pres ALT+SPACE, a context menu will become visible at a corner of the screen.
  • Using the keyboard select Move in the menu, then press Enter and after this press left arrow on your keyboard.
  • The Window should be visible under your mouse cursor.

This dialog saves its position when you click on OK.
My guess is that for some reason, maybe related to having different DPI configured on your two monitors, this dialog is restoring its position out of screen.

Could you please confirm me is the case?

Hi @kike,
I can get the form to show after following your steps - however, the dialog does not appear to save that position after OK. I have to follow those steps each time to get the dialog to show when Rhino is on the other monitor form Revit.

I ran a few other commands that I know have dialogs (Loft, Mesh, etc) and those forms seem to come forward and are visible but their position behavior is different in each case:

• Loft - options dialog loads center screen in over the monitor that has Revit
  • Mesh - options dialog loads center screen on the monitor that shows Rhino
  • QuadRemesh - options always open in a hidden position if Rhino is on a second monitor

Thanks for testing it.

Would be nice to have more information about your setup to be able to reproduce it.
Do you have both monitors to the same Scale factor?

I have a 3 monitor setup:

• Monitor 1 (laptop): 3240 x 2160 set to 200% scaling
  • Monitor 2 (external, set as main display): 3840 x 2160 set to 200% scaling
  • Monitor 3 (external): 1920 x 1080 set to 100% scaling

Monitor 1 and 2 are where I do my work and had Revit and Rhino setup