PYTHON Strange phenomenon by import

Dear More Experienced Users,

I need some advise to solve the following issue:

I wrote a Python application in Grasshopper that imports STEP files located in a folder into Rhino using the Rhinoscriptsintax. This worked perfectly on my work desktop computer. However, when I transferred the program to my laptop and copied the STEP files there, the Python program surprisingly runs, creates the layers for the STEP files to be imported, but it doesn’t import the geometry (when I have checked, the “print rs.Command(…)” returns False results, but there are no indications of the cause). I tried simplifying the file path, as I previously had issues with some special Hungarian characters, but this didn’t help either.
I simply don’t understand why the geometry import is failing, and the program doesn’t display any error messages.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

(I have attached the GH file with Python)

Can anyone provide advice on this?

Thanks in advance:
Frank
More file Import_Problem.gh (9.7 KB)

Rhino 7 SR34 2023-9-24 (Rhino 7, 7.34.23267.11001, Git hash:master @ a37d83041828484840f2448d5b3e3770e46694f9)
License type: Commercial, build 2023-09-24
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 10 (10.0.19045 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 64Gb)

Computer platform: LAPTOP - Plugged in [100% battery remaining]

Hybrid graphics configuration.
Primary display: Intel(R) UHD Graphics (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 3-16-2023 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display is laptop’s integrated screen or built-in port
Primary OpenGL: NVIDIA RTX A3000 Laptop GPU (NVidia) Memory: 6GB, Driver date: 5-30-2023 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 529.08
> Integrated accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Secondary monitor is laptop’s integrated screen or built-in port
- Secondary monitor attached to adapter port 1

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU’s maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 5-30-2023
Driver Version: 31.0.15.2908
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 6 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Users\schell\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\EleFront\4.2.2\ElefrontProperties.rhp “ElefrontProperties” 1.0.0.0

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.34.23267.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.34.23267.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.34.23267.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IronPython\RhinoDLR_Python.rhp “IronPython” 7.34.23267.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.34.23267.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\GrasshopperPlugin.rhp “Grasshopper” 7.34.23267.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.34.23267.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Check the hardcoded absolute path, D:\OneDrive_Sz...\**\Minta\ in the .gh definition file under the “Step fájlok helye” text panel is accessible on your laptop.

As it is, it definitely won’t work on my laptop either, because I don’t even have a "D:" drive mounted.

Hi James,

Thank you for asnwering my post!

But as you can see in the attached GH file, the Python node to which the hardcoded path connected, is not anebled.

Please try the other python node below, where with the “path data container” node holds the selected symplified path for the STEP files!

You’re welcome. Have you got a simple .step file that causes this error?

Nothing special.
The set of the files here on my laptop is identical to the set in the company desktop.

It would assist other people that wish to help you if you uploaded the simplest among them, that still causes this error.

Thank you very mutch for your effort!
I don’t understand the reason, but after I have restarted my laptop, the program worked as earlier.
I have never met this kind of problem before.

Thanks again: Ferenc