is it possible to easily split a curve with a curve in python and have the parts returned?
In the same way that we can manually in Rhino with split?
Guess it’s all in how you define “easily”…
- Use Rhino.Geometry.Intersect.Intersection.CurveCurve(curveA,curveB)
- Look at what is returned - it could be nothing, one or more single intersection points and/or some overlaps (two points with an interval in between)
- The above outputs both the points and the parameters on the curves where the intersections are
- Use the parameters to split the curve with Rhino.Geometry.Curve.Split(curve,parameters)
- The result will be all the split parts