I have developed a python script for this, a bit crude, but sufficient for my purposes. The way it works:
- draw a number of curves to serve as hatching pattern.
- when spacing between patterns is required, draw a boundary object around the pattern curves.
- run the script, you will be asked to select the pattern curves and the boundary object (if not required, select the pattern curves again).
- the script asks to select the curves that bound the area to be hatched.
- an area is defined in the same way as the CurveBoolean command, select only one area at the time.
- the script creates the hatching in the defined area.
The script: Special Hatch.py (2.7 KB)
(edit: script updated, cosmetics only)