Python: Parse ghx files with ElementTree?

Thanks Andrew! Metahopper certainly does do what I was looking for, from within a GH/RHINO environment.

One thing that might be a bit of a hiccup, is that this method needs to “open” the file, which triggers the native “missing plugin” warning. When I tested the metahopper approach on a folder with 100 some files, I had to close/cancel for each file that had a plugin that I may not have had on my machine. Maybe one addition to the metahopper approach could be to somehow suppress the native Missing Plugin window during it’s parsing operations? (the example screen shot only used 16 files).

The original thought, (which I may need to let go!), was to iterate over all of our project folders and rip though the files through a scheduled task. It potentially is quite a large number. The decision to try and utilize the non-GH/RHINO approach was in hopes of being able to read a raw data format and just scrape the data.

Both approaches are giving me a better understanding of what is involved, in what started as a “side project”! Thanks again for your help. It’s very much appreciated!

The attached example file is done in rhino 6 beta, Nov 21 release. Requires Metahopper and Human plugin.
Metahopper_CompsInFiles.gh (24.4 KB)