Purge visualarq

Hello,
I’ve found some strange blocks inside the default template of visualarq … palm, men, toilet…why? can i delete them and recreate a new clean template without issues in the future? Can i purge the template or is better to leave as this?
thanks, Roy

Hi @lopez,

Those blocks are used in some Element and Furniture styles that come pre-installed in the VisualARQ templates.

You will not be able to delete the blocks if VisualARQ is loaded, as those blocs are used, but you can delete them if you open the model on a Rhino without VisualARQ being installed (or by blocking VisualARQ and Tibidabo plug-ins).

Regards,

Enric

Hi Enric,

I can delete them from the Blocks manager if Visualarq template are loaded, here….the question was about if I will have some issue in the future with the file purged…

Regards,

Roy

Hi @lopez,

Yes, using the BlockManager you’ll be able to delete them, but then there will be some element and furniture styles what has no representation block. I recommend you to delete also those styles, because, in the future, you may want to insert them, but as their blocks may have been deleted, you’ll not see them.

Regards,

Enric

ok, thanks Eric.

P.s. I have an issue with some walls joint…can i send you the file to understand if I’m not able or VA can’t do this?

Can I delete the Default Wall, Slab and Space Styles?

Hi @kevin3,

You cannot delete them if they are the active ones, but if you have any other style active, then you can delete them.

1 Like

I gave a heart too soon…
How do I change the active style? I thought I knew how but now don’t find it.

Kevin, the last object style inserted of each type becomes the active one. So insert an object style which is not the “Default” one, (delete the object afterward if you want), and then you will be able to delete the “Default” style for that object type.

Walls worked this way (I could delete the default).
After drawing a new slab (2 times) in my style, and although all new slabs would draw in my style, the Default could not be deleted.
All new Spaces, even after inserting one os my space, it returns to the default, including setting the inner point of subsequent Spaces in the same command run.

I am running 2.12.4.
Does it work in yours?

@kevin3, You are right, the slab seems to be the only object type which “Default” style can’t be deleted.
I’ll report this.

Hi @kevin3,
I’ve figured out that the reason why that slab style can’t be deleted is because there’s a roof style that is using that slab style. Just make sure there is no roof style using the slab style you want to delete.

1 Like

Hi, I’m chiming in for similar reasons. I use a VA template with several wall, etc., styles in it. Using some of the styles, most of them are not needed in the project, and clicking through a long list and individually deleting styles is a little bit of a pain. “Purge” is a rhino command and does not include VA specifics. Is there a VA-purge command to delete all the unused styles, etc., maybe being able to select which categories to delete? If not → feature request :slight_smile:

I use regularly 3 templates, two of them without any VA objects. When I need anything, I just import a style from my library. When I create any new style I just add it to the library. And I have several of them, just like VA objects: walls library, doors library, etc.
Cheers, Jaro
p.s. I have accidentally deleted original post

1 Like

Hi @Ragazo there is actually a vaPurge command in VisualARQ. But it deletes everything. That means all the VisualARQ styles and objects, all buildings and levels, and all parameters. So we may develop this tool to ask the user whether they want to delete everything, or just the objects/styles/etc that are not being used in the model.

We also should make it possible to select multiple items in the styles dialog in order to delete them at once.

1 Like

Talking about it: would it also be possible in the Styles dialog to change common parameters at once, for multiple selected items?
Thanks!

Well, that’s also the goal of this improvement, but a bit more complicated to implement. We will see…

1 Like

Thank you for your input. This might be a good way to circumvent the issue. I will look into it.

Wonderful. Selectable vaPurge and multi-select in the dialog would be two improvements. I could not wish for a better response from a software developer to a user request! Thank you.

1 Like