Pufferfish's "Is surface trimmed" component brings definition to a crawl

I wonder how this component checks for the trimmed or untrimmed state of a surface, but it sure is taxing my definition.
I wanted to use it as a faster option to doing some text sorting on the panel comming out of my “Faces” output, but it uses too many ressources (although not displaying a long execution time).

Michael, I can’t post my geometry here ; I will send it to you in PM.

Oh boy, I’m struggling with the forum editor here.

Well, I found out what was the issue : the component grafted the data, and that screws up the later “Dispatch” component.

Why so much cruelty Michael ?

1 Like

@Michael_Pryor

I wonder how this component checks for the trimmed or untrimmed state of a surface

It actually checks if the surfaces underlying surface is matching the surface that is represented on screen. Text is not reliable (and is slow) because things can also be breps (this component works on breps without having to explode as well which don’t give you a trimmed keyword for its faces).

The reason it goes to grafted list is my bad. Just checked and I have it accidentally set to list type output (must be an artifact of me copy pasting from another one of my components). Thanks for finding the bug! Will fix it.

In the meantime Joseph seems very happy about your frustration :grinning:

Feel free to message me next time so I can see your question faster.

1 Like