Project wizards, templates for VS2012, VS2013

It would be nice if the RhinoCommon wizards and templates could be made available for Visual Studio 2012 and possibly 2013 Preview.

Thanks!

I couldn’t agree more!
There are a whole bunch of things like this I want to get done soon (enough that we are thinking it would be a good new position at McNeel). I think we need to

• update the RhinoCommon and Grasshopper templates for 2010, 2012, 2013,…
  • create project templates and integrated debuggers for Xamarin Studio on OSX
  • get Rhino3dmIo Toolkit (the openNURBS based version of RhinoCommon) published to nuget with backends for x86, x64, OSX, iPhone, and Android
  • update the wiki with RhinoCommon and start deprecating all of the Rhino_DotNet content
  • look into getting remote debugging working for python scripts on Windows and OSX
  • continue to add rhinoscriptsyntax functions to match the set available in RhinoScript
  • keep Rhino/Grasshopper developers updated with new samples, technologies, and future plans
  • and a whole lot more tasks to support our developer community

Great, that is good news. I’m looking forward to the new developments you’re planning.

Sounds like a great idea. Especially if you can fill it with someone as competent as yourself. There’s nothing that’s as much fun as working closely in an area of specialization with someone who matches your expertise and complements your skills!

Great idea. After 2 months. How is the new wizards and templates now? Already updated?
I need the link.

Hi all,

a new version of the RhinoCommon wizard and the Grasshopper wizard is now available.
They can be downloaded from the Extension Manager in VS2010, VS2012 and VS2013, or from here:

Express editions are supported. Debugging should be set up automatically with the wizards process. The Zoo sample code was updated.

Thanks,

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com

2 Likes