Problems with emissive materials

Hi. I cant seem to get a material to have emissive properties. I know emissive doesent work like an emissive material in real life, but all im looking for is to be able to set a color on a piece of geometry to true white color, without it beeing affected by shading or shadows or lights.

The ShapeDiver Material component has no input for “emissiveness”, and using the glTF 2.0 Material doesent seem to work.

I am aware that Grasshopper in Rhino might not show emissive materials, so I have uploaded the files to the Shapediver platform to verify.

Any chance someone could explain - how to enable an emissive or 100% white material not affected by lights - to me step by step, or with a screenshot of the setup?

Help much appereciated<3

Hallo @nielsen,

via the ShapeDiver Viewer API you can change the Material of objects via code and can therefore achieve other material settings than just via Grasshopper and Rhino.

In this example I applied a material that isn’t affected by other lighting, which seems to be your goal. You can of course go into even finer detail than just the output level.

Let me know if you have any further question.

Cheers, Michael

@nielsen are you using the glTF 2.0 Material component with the glTF 2.0 Display component? Are you using viewer version 3?

Yes, I have tried both V2 and V3 viewer with gITF 2 components. Played around with alot of settings aswell. Seems like it behaves quiet odd.

Just to be clear: emissive materials cannot be created in Grasshopper yet, but as Michael mentions above, it is possible to create them using the API already. Did you only play with settings in Grasshopper or already with the viewer API? And if so, could you share a code example that failed to create the emissive materials you need? That way, we can help you investigate the issue.