Problem with printing rendered layout

Probably someone could help me…
I want to print a layout with a detail from a model in rendered view mode (which worked with this projekt with no problems before) - but suddenly the pdf print output only shows the dimension lines an the text which were drawn in the layout window.
If i switch the view mode of the detail to grid view - the pdf prints the plan view.
Also the shaded mode does not work.
Does anyone know what i can change to solve this problem?
Thanks

Hello - Please run the SystemInfo command in Rhino and copy/paste the results here.

-Pascal

Rhino 7 SR5 2021-4-6 (Rhino 7, 7.5.21096.11001, Git hash:master @ 4cd1d638a2f2d3bb193441ecfc1e54559d092807)
License type: Kommerziell, Build 2021-04-06
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 10.0.19041 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)

Computer platform: DESKTOP

Standard graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA Quadro K4200 (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 6-21-2020 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 451.48
> Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #0
- Secondary monitor attached to adapter port #1

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 6-21-2020
Driver Version: 27.21.14.5148
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\ElefrontProperties.rhp “ElefrontProperties” 1.0.0.0
C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\V6\VRayForRhino.rhp “V-Ray for Rhino”

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.5.21096.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp “WebBrowser”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RPC.rhp “RPC”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IdleProcessor.rhp “IdleProcessor”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.5.21096.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Legacy Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.5.21096.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Alerter.rhp “Alerter”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.5.21096.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.5.21096.11001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Hello Pascal,
the problem must be somewhere in the settings of rhino - because if i delet the setup file : “settings-Scheme__Default.xml” and start rhino again - the layout / details can be printed as render view.
The only problem by this solution ist that i loose all the settings …
Also funny is that if i print the layout nothing is shown on the print (except the dimension lines and the text head that i had drawn directly in the layout view) - but if i look at the layer structure in the pdf - all the layers are named (but they are empty)…

Hi @aazt,

Can you attach the 3dm file and the settings file here or send it to me privately through Rhino - Upload to Support.

Please give exact steps for how to reproduce the issue.

-David

@aazt,

There was an issue downloading the file due to “strange” characters in the file name. Can you change the filename by removing characters like åäö and send it in again?

Thanks,
-David

Hello David,
did the file work now?
Thany you,
Manuel

Yes, thank you.

I am currently looking into the issue. I can reproduce a crash, actually, so I’m focusing on that. I’ll let you know what I find.

-David

Hi @aazt,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I’ve fixed the problem, and it will show up in a Rhino 7 service release candidate in about a month, and a service release in about two months.

If you want the fix as soon as possible I can give you a link to a fresh Rhino 7 build when it’s done. On the other hand, if you have worked around the problem for now, you are free to wait for the fix to appear in a service release.

-David

Hello David,
thank you very much for solving the problem!
Due to the fact that i have not solved the problem for my project or worked around jet - and the project is running - i would be very grateful if you could give me a link to … the solution …
Do you know how long it takes until you could sende me the link?
Thank you
Greetings Manuel

Hi @aazt,

Here you go: https://files.mcneel.com/dujour/exe/20210414/rhino_en-us_7.7.21104.19001.exe

Does it work for you with the Rhino build?

-David

Hello David,
works perfect!
Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Hello David,
whats funny with the new version is:
if i want to print the layout and i choose another resolution than 600dpi (for example 1400dpi) - i get a blurrier / worser print as with 600dpi… Also the size of the pdf file is smaller by printing with 1400dpi than with 600dpi!

Another point that i noticed is that the performance is much slower than the old version…
Greetings Manuel

Hi @aazt,

Yes, I can see the DPI issue. This issue has been in Rhino at least since Rhino 7.5, so it is not only happening in the new version that I linked. I made a YouTrack item for the bug: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-63844.

When you say it’s slower now, do you mean that Printing is slower? Or viewport manipulation? In the default settings case there was a bug where skylight shadows weren’t being printed. After my fix, they are included in the print, and this will make the print take longer to finish.

-David