Problem using soft edit

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a project for my architecture study. While working on a polysurface I’ve created through the patch tool, I bumped into a problem. Although, I’m quite happy with how patch built the polysurface, I wanted to make some minor adjustments. The surface is to function as an artificial landscape and parts of it should be walkable (smooth), while other parts are more of a barrier (steep). The walkways are indicated by the blue lines, while much of the polysurface is smooth in these parts, there are still some bumps and holes.

I first tried searching for a tool that would smooth the polysurface but only in a localised area and not the polysurface as a whole. I couldn’t find anything, so then I tried smoothing manually by using softedit. The problem was that although I changed U_distance and V_distance, I could only adjust one span. Am I doing something wrong? This method has worked out for me in the past. I’m pretty new to rhino, don’t know if there is a better/easier way to do this.

I’ve put in some screenshots to help explain. I’ve also put in the file.

I hope someone knows a solution.

Lance Sculpture Garden 1.3dm (1.4 MB)

use move uvn tool-

you can select the points on the surface you want to modify and then use the smoothing tools in move uvn to modify them as needed.