Problem getting cloud license

I am trying to log in from Rhino Mac v6 to obtain my license from the Rhino Cloud but every time I press the “Login” button I get a dialog box that says:

“The requested address is not valid in this context”

This worked just fine a couple of days ago, and I can get my license without issue from Windows.

Rhino 6 SR27 2020-6-24 (Public Build, 6.27.20176.04592, Git hash:master @ ba2c30de00be5a8b210bc297715204e941911799)
License type: Undefined, build 2020-06-24
License details: Stand-Alone

Apple Intel 64-bit macOS Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101) (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Mac Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3Language: en-US (MacOS default)

AMD Radeon Pro 455 OpenGL Engine (OpenGL ver:4.1 ATI-3.9.15)

Thanks in advance.

c.

can you get to accounts.rhino3d.com in a browser like safari or chrome?

Yesssss

There’s some extra ‘s’s because the forum doesn’t like it when you reply with just ‘yes’: There’s a 4 characters minimum! :wink:

no problems with your license in the account?

if not please restart your machine and try again.

still broken? hit us back-

I’m using the license in Windows right now, so I don’t think that the license is the problem.

Rebooting is the first thing I tried, didn’t work.

License details: Stand-Alone

a standalone license is tied to one machine and cannot be shared to a 2nd machine.

follow these steps to completely remove rhino from your Mac- then restart your machine.
https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/uninstall

then download a new cut from here- https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino-for-mac/6/latest

install and then use the login button to connect it to your cloud zoo-

you have to shut down rhino on your pc 1st to use it on your mac-

My setup has been working since the cloud zoo was launched (I’ve been using Rhino Mac since 5.0). I’m not on a stand-alone license. Are you suggesting that the solution is for me to reinstall Rhino?

I reinstalled and I’m still having the same issue. I really need to be able to use the software!

Sent PM

Why would you think reinstalling would be useful?
This is a licensing issue, nothing to do with corrupted or missing local files.
The licensing happens independent of installing.

your license clearly states you are set up standalone-

The “License type” also clearly states “Undefined”. I don’t know of any “undefined” license types. In my case, the license type should be “Educational” (and Rhino Windows System Report reflects that), which means that Rhino is not loading my license.

As I said before, my setup has been working since the very beginning of the cloud zoo. Something happened either when I upgraded Rhino, upgraded to Catalina, or something else entirely. In any case, I still cannot use Rhino Mac.

give us a call- we may need to remote in-

(206) 545-6877

I’m experiencing the same problem. I just bought a Rhino upgrade and installed it on Windows and got the license working in the cloud zoo. I then shut down Windows and installed Rhino 7 on my Mac with the intention of using the cloud zoo for licensing. I get the same error as mentioned in Cris’s post: “The requested address is not valid in this context” when I try to connect to the cloud zoo to get the license set up on rhino for mac. Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like you tried to add the key again.
Click on Change your license key, then click on login.

Any luck?

Same thing happens. I just called tech support. They are emailing me the solution. Great customer service over there!

This is usually caused by macOS not recognizing localhost .
This describes how to reset your localhost list.

Any luck?