Short version: TopologyEdges (indices) changes when removing mesh faces (no surprise). But how do I map the new TopologyEdge indices to the earlier recorded indices?
So when removing some unwanted faces from a mesh, then:
- Before modifying the Mesh I record (or “anchor”) all NakedEdges (indices).
- Then I go about removing some unwanted MeshFaces.
- Then I check all NakedEdges (indices) again (some new NakedEdges must have emerged due to more faces being removed).
- Then I want to filter out all the “new” NakedEdges (by omitting the edges which was already there from start).
- Problem: The TopologyEdge indices are changed when the faces are removed (destroying my initially recorded naked edge indices).
Q: Does anyone have a good strategy to share for a super-fast way of finding out which edge indices belong ONLY to the new naked edges due to the removed faces? (If also the face indices are modified, then the road to salvation will be very narrow…)
This operation destroys my already recorded (topology edge) indices:
All ideas are welcome. Not expecting the code, only some interesting ideas.