Possible? Toggle sub-object selection (ctrl+shift-left mouse)

Michael,

Are you referring to trying to select objects from within a group, without selecting the whole group? Because that is what the Shift-Control-Window Select was useful for in V4, before we had sub-object selection, as discussed in this topic. If the objects are not grouped, you wouldn’t need to hold Shift-Control, and the behavior is the same in V4 and V5.

I would like to reiterate the request for a set of sub-object filters as discussed in that topic, but for a different reason. I would like to skip the selection pop-up menu when I want sub-objects but not the whole polysurface when objects are grouped. If I could turn off polysurfaces, it would save a lot of clicking when I want to select just a bunch of sub-objects from a group of polysurfaces.

While we’re on the topic, another thing I would wish to change with sub-object selection is the ability to deselect items without canceling the selection. In other words, if I sub-select some items, I can select more objects in the usual way by holding Shift, but if I want to deselect something, holding Control does not work in the usual way, it cancels the entire selection.

Thanks, Mark