Possibility to do human motion modeling

hello everyone … I am a beginner working on a project to make modeling of human activities in a room … I want to ask all of you whether it is possible to work on the project using grasshopper which object (human) movement is based on the python program ?

What other possibilities can I do besides using Grasshopper? Please give me advice before I continue this project … Thank you …

I don’t know if it is possible in python but maybe this would help.

1 Like

Many things are possible :wink: … could you be a little precise about what you want to do?
Should the human movement through space be like a particle flow simulation, where each human corresponds to an agent, and you capture the agents trail or whatever information,
Or are you interested in controlling/animating a rigged 3d model of a human?

I am a beginner working on a project to make modeling of human activities in a room

In all honestly you could if you really wanted to, but Rhino is not a character animation and rigging software. Why wouldn’t you just use a software built for that sort of thing? (Maya, Blender, Cinema 4D, Poser, Mixamo, etc. etc)

Could you get a nail in with a screwdriver? Probably if you hit it hard enough, but why not just use a hammer. Different tools for different jobs, ya know.

thank you for your reply … it’s just like a simulation of human movement “programmed” to do activities while in the room. Maybe like you said, maybe it’s like a particle flow simulation but it’s based on the movement of humans in an environment. oh yeah … i want to design it in 2d view, where humans are represented by circle objects or others.

1 Like

i want to design it in 2d view, where humans are represented by circle objects or others

Well now this makes more sense. This is easy in Gh. Look at plugins like Culebra Culebra | Food4Rhino or Boids BOID library | Food4Rhino

thank you for the reply and help. I will try to learn it. really thank you

thank you for your reply … well that means at least now I have several other options using Rhino … but I still want to use this tool (Rhino) because in my opinion I want to make a simulation of human movement directly related to the design of a residential buildings.

Thank you very much. right now i want to learn from all kinds of possibilities … i will definitely try to understand, study and try what you suggest … thanks again

Just yesterday I stumbled on this fascinating animation from @zach5
https://www.zachitect.com/predictive-analysis

2 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes