Point Light Hardness Slider Not Active

The point light hardness slider is not working, it seems in active, it’s not possible to slide it up or down, is this intended ? or still to be implemented ?

I just tried it and it doesn’t look like the controls are working for any of the lights in the WIP yet. The controls are there, but they seem to be being ignored.
I’m also seeing that the Default light stays on even after adding a light, and it should not.
I’ll go look at the bug list and see what’s there.

1 Like

Hi John, yeh I’m just playing around a bit more with some simple rendered & raytraced scenes and some controls of the different lighting seem to be inactive, thanks for taking a look :slight_smile:

The hardness is only usable for spotlight. The slider does say spotlight hardness… It’d probably be better if the slider wasn’t visible for other lights than spotlight.

For spotlight the slider does work though…

@nathanletwory
It didn’t appear to work for me in this morning’s build in a shadow enabled working display mode.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-50488

Ok, on the 6.13.19022 build it works. Posting here as data point for whoever is investigating this further (left rendered, right raytraced)

yeh that slider only works in spotlight, I have noticed that there is a delay when adjusting the sliders, whether intensity, shadows or hardness, I sometimes have to click into another viewport for the change to take place

This should be fixed in the latest RhinoWIP. Please test it out and let us know how it goes.

1 Like