Point in Brep doesn't work

I believe I already fixed this on my end actually (if I remember correctly). That script is using an old Pufferfish (hence the component marked old). As far as fixing the method itself I cannot change McNeel core methods. I don’t have access to my code at the moment but I think what I did in code was something like “if offset is negative, flip surface normals and offset positive” as to avoid any negative offset issue.

@rhinouser11 what Pf version are you using?

pufferfish2-3
i havent updated in a while. you have too many components. wish you had an installer that lets me deselect some of them.

Afraid that .gha does not work that way. I’m not sure why too many components would be a problem, you could always just move away from the Pufferfish tab and then that tab will close. However, not a bad idea for selective loading but out of my control. Update to 2.9 and the issue should be resolved. Or do it with standard Gh by flipping normals if offset number is negative.

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

Avoid the problem completely by building your ‘Closed Brep’ with a more reliable method such as the one I mentioned above. There are a variety of alternatives to the broken method.

Yep just confirmed, I did fix this at some point.
(In code I did as described “if distance = negative, flip normals and offset positive”

not your fault… i usually use “search as you type” to find components and it makes it difficult to find native components when you have tons of libraries installed

Sure that is understandable. At some point there was talks of a search wildcard that would omit plugins. I wonder if that was ever implemented.