RMB Space > F10 and 2 points show on a space. One seems to move the text and the other moves either the text box or the space itself (except for the text) but I’m not sure exactly what’s happening… If one gets snapped on top of the other, neither seem selectable.
I’m trying to reproduce this behavior, but I can select both control points, even if they are one on top of the other. How are you doing it?
Pre-updating Va to current, 1) the text box and text were moving separately, 2) the text would disappear under certain circumstances, 3) sometimes neither point was selectable, 4) if selecting points on a space copied from another space, one of the options offered to clarify ambiguous selection is the original space
Pos-updating to current.
- isn’t possible anymore, which is a bit of a loss, but it seems to solve the problem of 2)
- was rare before, I’m not sure what the circumstances were. Maybe it’s fixed.
- This is still happening. Not a huge problem, but never useful as far as I can see, and could lead to confusion.
- Do you mean when moving the label by the control point? I wasn’t aware of that behaviour, but if that happened that was a bug. Why is that a bit of loss? Do you want to recover that? I am confused.
- If it ever happens again, let me know.
- Please send me a model where that happens. (email@example.com) and we will check it out.
- You are right. This is a new bug that we haven’t noticed yet. We will fix it for the upcoming versions.
- Once the text comes in centred, it won’t be a loss to move the box and text independently.
It was 4) that’s still happening (3 was likely connected to 1 and 2) Which you’ve now verified is a bug thx.
- I’m not sure if I still get it. Would you like to move the text independently to the label box? or do you mean you wish to move the box and text independently of the space insert point? becasue this is how it actually works now.
2 and 3. Please send me the model where this issue appears. I haven’t still been able to reproduce it.
No worries about 1-3: they’re corrected with Va2,2 (though text is off-centre); and 4) is now a bug you have recognized:
- With VA2.1’s issues, the box and text were moving independently of one another, but without discernable logic. Corrected w Va2.2
- Sometimes, after points were dragged, text wasn’t visible in the box at all in 2.1. With 2.2 the text is always visible in the box (good), locked in position (good), but not centred (not so good). Until the text registration bug is gone with the issue of Rhino 6.6 the text doesn’t centre itself in the box with Va2.2. Acceptable for now, for me.
- This - the inability to select points - seems to have been corrected in Va2.2
- (I mislabelled this as 3 in a post last week, leading to confusion) This is the selection disambiguation bug you have recognized, which points to a “parent” Space (which had been copied to the target space) as an option when selecting points for a particular space.