Point / Curve on Curved Surface

Hi Everyone

I have a surface as you see in the picture, I want to create lines at the middle of each profile. as you see in the picture i want to have those Red lines on my surface indeed i want to have the grids between this rows and then in another software i should give them a steel profile.
Any one can help me ? :worried: if you know a way to create the hole of surface with this kind of division in grasshopper it would be fine. and if you want the rhino file to help me i will do it.

Thanks in Advance,

Hello - how did you generate the shapes on the surface to begin with?

-Pascal

1 Like

You mean the red Lines? It’s not part of the Rhino model . i draw lines in Paint to show what i want to do . :grin:

Hello - my question is about the edges or curves that are in the model. How are those generated?

-Pascal

ok I just had a reference 3d model from autocad , i imported in rhino and draw curves by picking its points. no special work …

Hello -it appears you have a 3d object with 3d curves - I am trying to understand how these curves or edges were made, of you made them in Rhino, and if so, why you cannot do the same thing for the mid curves.

-Pascal

thanks for replying. good question . because the reference model was a mesh and i just could pick points on its edges and i couldn’t find a way to do this for the red curves i showed in the image above. if I could put some point exactly on the surface maybe i could draw the red ones.

Hello - try TweenCurves then Pull to the surface. Does that do anything good?

-Pascal

1 Like

it seems a useful tool , i’m not sure it could work for all parts but i will try it thank you so much.