Plugin Testing Timber Joints

Hi,

I am developing a Grasshopper plugin for timber joints.
I would like to ask if you can load the plugin on your computer by running attached example files after installation.
The reason to ask is because it I am doing C++ Interop and would like to know if it is properly working on windows and mac os.

If it is installed properly you should see something similar to this:

Thank you in advance.

3 Likes

I tested it :
on Windows 11 in Rhino 7. Everything seams to work fine :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you very much;)

1 Like

Hi @Petras1,

Sadly, here on macOS (macOS 12.3, Rhino 7.18), there seem to be a few problems.

1. First, there is an issue with Apple security checking :

Not a very big deal, just had to click-right open each .dylib files from the library folder before reopening GH.

2. cross_end.gh, chevron_end.gh, and dataset_end.gh all had the same issue with input_get component. The component doesn’t throw any error message, but isn’t outputing anything.

3. closest_lines throws an error : Solution exception:joinery_solver_pinvoke.dylib assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null).
    Then of course, nothing can work, but I assume input_get wouldn’t manage to read the joinery_solver_net.Data either…

Hope it helps!

@flixchameroy Thank you for your help.

Does the same problem remains after you do the following and restart Rhino?

Not a very big deal, just had to click-right open each .dylib files from the library folder before reopening GH.

I remember you helped we once with OpenNest:

I am wondering what could go wrong besides this security issue…

Once everything is authorized once, and Rhino is restarted, the example definition load fine and Gatekeeper never pops up again.

But then input_get is not able to read anything (at least not able to output what it reads). Without error message, it seems difficult to debug… It is a bit as if the component was able to compute everything it needs, but then it does not find where to output this.