Plugin for quixel?

Hi
It would be great if we could use quixel company material
Developers think
There is currently no plugin that can do this and the rhino needs it
Thanks

2 Likes

I don’t understand. Is there some reason why their textures and materials would need a special proprietary plugin?

Are they DRM’ed?

1 Like

This enables us to use Megascans live

1 Like

:ok_hand::ok_hand:excellent

Yes please - and all the mapping channels, displacement, normal etc.

I believe these are PBR-style materials, meaning you can just plug-in the textures of these materials into a Rhino WIP Physically Based Material…

Displacement doesn’t work yet, but is being worked on very hard.

yes
It takes a long time, but with this plugin we can automatically apply all textures…materials settings.

load all mapping

If the exported textures follow the correct naming scheme I believe you should be able to use the Additional effects > Create from texture files... path in a Physically Based Material. Loading one should load all.

Quixel is of course welcome to create a plug-in to make the interoperation seamless :slight_smile:

Yes exactly I hope we can use it one day​:wink::wink:

@nathanletwory @mehran09197306634me I doubt they will …

Although I had an idea to make it - but I’m quite busy with RN already :wink:

Maybe someone has enough free time to build it. It needs some basic knowledge of TCP as it ‘talks’ over sockets - dropping GitHub examples prepared by Quixel Team - There’s PY and C# option :wink:

If someone wants to try I can assist as much it will be possible in my schedule.

Otherside of the whole operation is making them properly link to engines slots - as usually engines devs don’t expose any API and most of renderers are barely scriptable if at all - vray is exception as it allows some operations - it would be different story if rhino material would be a container like it is in max but:

• in rhino don’t have such integrated environment of material editing etc.
  • engines devs never put effort to merge it and from my observations most functionality is built on top of it.
1 Like