Please tell me a PC quote for less than $ 1000

Hello
I am student
and I have started Rhino since 2020
also I have to buy a new computer

so I want some PC estimate that can work rhino smoothly

Laptop or desktop?
If desktop, should the monitor be included in the price?

Get the best Ryzen and the best GTX you can afford. I don’t know if you can get 16GB Ram at that price–which currency are we even talking about?–but it’s certainly recommend.

1 Like

I will buy destop
and I have ssd,hdd and monitor

Under 1000$ is difficult. You could do:

CPU:
Ryzen 7 3700X, the AM4 plattform lets you upgrade later to a 3950X or a future CPU from the 4000 series. Great upgrade path. For now a Ryzen 5 3600X would be more than enough, regarding the upgradability. Pair it with a good cooler, like the be quiet! Dark Rock 4 or the be quiet! Shadow Rock 3 or Scythe Mugen 5 or something cheaper like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition.

RAM:
Take 3600Mhz for the infinity fabric (interconnect between IO-die and chiplet) to run at it’s optimal speed. Here is a 32GB kit from Crucial and here is one from G.Skill. A 16GB kit would do it as well (One, two, three), depends on the size of your models. Architects are more likely to need 32 instead of 16GB RAM.

MAINBOARD:
Unless you don’t need a lot of storage options and multi GPU setups of more than two cards, you can avoid mainboards with the X570 chipset. X470 and B450 are absolutely fine. Usually Asus is most reliable and offers a very good UEFI support down the line. I have the PRIME X470-Pro but you can get the TUF B450-Pro Gaming or the TUF B450M-Pro Gaming for less and they are absolutely fine and reliable. Important: update you UEFI to the latest version immediately.

SSD:
If you have that, fine. Avoid those old spinning disks at all cost, none of these should go into your case.

Power Supply:
Don’t go cheap here. I have the Corsair RM Series RM750 in my system and used it for another build, very good. The Corsair RM Series RM650 2019 should be enough for your system.

CASE:
I would recommend something from Fractal Design or the BeQuiet Pure Base 500. This depends on what is available in your country. Something with a front that allows for good airflow. There is a very cheap manufacturer from Korea. The C650 is cheap but should be fine. With Fractal Design or BeQuiet you get overall more quality of course and the option for a normal (not transparent) sidepanel.

GPU:
minimum should be a RTX2060-Super (the non super has only 6GB RAM, avoid that). A RTX2070 is almost the same. A RTX2070-Super would be nice but too expensive for your budget and you wouldn’t notice any difference in common scenarios.
The Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Windforce OC 8G [Rev. 2.0] is a good value option. The ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 Mini OC is also interesting. EVGA and MSI have decent models too.

That should put you roughly at 1000$.

If cost is an issue, go cheap on the case. Perhaps find a nice old big case with lots of fans.

I agree with Hitenter, that a 3700x will give you the best bang for the buck. At your pricepoint, it’s a no-brainer. I agree that last years chipsets should be fine unless you need multi-gpu, though the x570 motherboards are regarded to be less fussy on memory. Definitely, read motherboard reviews before buying. A x570 motherboard will likely put you over budget.

I think that 3200 RAM should be fine. That is what I have in my 3900x. Perhaps even a bit slower would be okay for the 3700x.

I also agree that a good power supply is important for system reliability. Most of your money will be electrically connected downstream from the power supply.

If you are not going to buy play a lot of games, the GTX-1080/GTX-1080ti cards might be available used, for cheap. A lot of people are dumping the GTX for RTX only because of nVvidia’s real-time ray-racing, which only works in games. I prefer the blower-style video card which empties the air from the case. There are a lot of ex-mining cards, which is can be either good or bad.

Something like this is well capable:

The 1070 is good and so is the i7 8700.