Playground Slide and trouble about booleans Vol1

Greetings from Mexico!.

So, first thing i’m new here in this forum, and want to thanks for letting me join, hope with the time to be an active member of this and being of help, the other thing is that english is not my mother tongue, so sorry if i make an typo o i do not explains myself in the best way.

I’m not that new on Rhino; but i haven’t used it in a couple of years, so i’m kind of rust.

Right now i’m designing a little park, but i’m trying to do a difference between a slide that i made with the command NetworkSrf (is the orange one in the image) and a “hill” (green one in the image). So the thing is that, i’m trying to trim the difference between the two, in this case the part that is marked inside a red circle. But i do not know what command should i use, 'cause Trim, or boolean difference or booleans split does not work. I know that i’m doing something wrong but i don’t know what, perhaps it’s the slide that does not intersect well with the green polysurface.

It will be really good if you could help me, and also, explain to me what i’m doing wrong to not repeat the same mistakes in the future.

If i do not explain myself correctly, please tell me.

cheers!

playgroundvalparaiso.3dm (1.4 MB)

Build sides on the slide with extend above the hill. I used ExtrudeCrvTapered in the attached file.

Trim the hill using the slide and the sides. Where the edge of the slide and the edge of the hill almost coincide causes some problems. I exploded the hill and an joined the slide and slide sides. Trim the individual hill surfaces using the slide and sides as cutting object… Then joined the hill surfaces. I later exploded the sides and put them in a separate layer.

Trim the sides using the hill.

playgroundvalparaiso DC.3dm (1.7 MB)

Oh man, you saved my life.

Thank you so much, i realy do.

I will try to follow your method.

Just to clarify, the file that you have upload is Rhino 5, which i don’t have, if you could upload it in Rhino, it will be of much help.

Cheers!

Your Rhino will have it’s version in the “about” screen, available through the “help” menu. It will basically be 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. Exactly which is important when exporting to an earlier version.

Sorry, sorry. It was Rhino 4 version which i have.

But i already made it!.

I extrude the slide till the majority of its surface surpass the hill, then i moved it 1 mm to the left; it seems like one polysurface gotta be outside of the other, in this case the slide was 1mm “outside” of the hill and their edges are not overlapped. Then i performerd Bolean Intersect and it made what i wanted since the beggining.

Thank you so much for your help!.