Plan View not evoked for door in a block?

Can a Plan View not be evoked for door in a block? The doors in blocks show no swings.

Hi @djhg,

Doors and windows inside blocks do show its opening swing arc when they are inside a block, if the block is uniformly scaled, and it’s only rotated over the Z-axis. If the door/window is not viewed from the top, it will not show its swing on plan views, it doesn’t matter if it is inside a block or not.

If you have a model with a door inside a block that should show the opening swing, please send it to me so I can check what is going on with that file.

Thanks,

Enric

Thanks Enric
When I save the block as a separate project, the doors display properly in it.
So I guess it’s project-specific.
I’ll email you link.

Sent a dropbox link.
The problem doors are red.
The swings appear only while I’m editing the door style, they disappear again when I close the door style editor. Resetting the block scale doesn’t fix it. The block hasn’t been (purposefully) scaled.

While we’re looking at this project…, the upper right double door frame doesn’t match the width of the wall, though the style is set to do so. Also clipping is displayed inconsistently for identical walls. THis is visible below:

Hi @djhg,

You need to enable the “Cut plane” if you want to set the current viewport to “Plan view” mode:

Regards,

Enric

I know. That doesnt work on my system. Maybe it’s a windows 11 problem.

What is not working on your system? AFAIK, VisualARQ works perfectly fine on Windows 11.

What happens if you follow these steps?

1. open the file that you sent me
  2. make sure there is just a single viewport maximized
  3. open the level manager (vaLevels command)
  4. select the level with the name: 6"
  5. and then press the “Toggle Cut Plane” button

In my computer, using Rhino 7 SR18 and VisuaARQ 2.12.5, as soon as I toggled cut plane, the door swings were automatically shown as expected.

Regards,

Enric

Not for me.
NoDoorSwingsinBlock

Hi David,

The button you are clicking is to display a level on a different level, as a reference plan. It’s used to see objects in other levels so you can snap to them. But this feature only works if the Cut Plane is enabled. The button you need to press is the one marked in red in the screenshot I pasted before:

Regards,

Enric

Ah, thanks Enric. Sorry I missed that.
It might be worth saying that enabling the cutplane by that method - at least on this model - evokes a 2 second delay before the result displays. Unless I’m invoking what seems like a complex operation, that’s long enough for me to think it does nothing. That’s why I didn’t think it had any effect here and thought only the lower ones were operational in this circumstance.