Pink Custom Toolbar Icons

I am also using the WIP 5D177w and the latest 5.2.4 (5C262) with the same results.
I know the button is valid because I don’t get the warning message the script runs fine when selected.

I know this not not a huge problem, but rather a inconvenience on my end.
I’m not sure why I’m experiencing this and others are not.

This morning I have attempted these tests.
Save button before adding as @maxz suggested - no change.
Reset my prefs - No change
Change the Python script the sample hello word script- no change
Saved button with no icon image (generic icon)- no change
Move button the different palette (pop up)- No change
Tried different Syntax of calling out command (using !_- ') - no change.
Installed rhino on New iMac- no change.
Change the button name (Test1234) - no change

Also noticed that the button does not change color until I restart the program. Opening a new Window actually give me the proper icon. Not until I restart the App do I see the change.

I am not sure where to go from here, but for now I’ll just live with it.:disappointed:

I did another video to show how I save before I add to pallet with pink icon coming back after restart.

1 Like

It would be interesting to know whether the button in the library has survived restarting Rhino or not, since that is what the pink color signifies as I understood it. Other than that I cannot fault your workflow in the video.

Max.

1 Like

I am not sure if this has anything to do with your issue, but I made another observation. In my efforts to find the source of the problem I compared 5C262 with WIP 5D177w. At some point I created a new button in 5D177w, and eventually removed the macro text but left the button in the library. When I open 5D177w, the button is still there. However, when I open 5C262, the new button does not exist in the library! I had always assumed that WIP versions share the same library, but apparently not!
When I add the button in question to my Popup palette in 5D177w, save, close the WIP and open 5C262, open the Popup, the button is still there, but as you would expect by now it has a pink background since the matching button in the library does not exist in 5C262. So it seems the palette definitions are common between WIP and the commercial release.

Max.

P.S. when I mention the “stockpile” or “library”, I am referring to the “Command Button Browser” as it’s named in the Rhino Help file.

Thanks @jason. We have some changes coming in the next RhinoWIP that might change things (hopefully). I’m still not able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing - even after your helpful video (thanks for that, btw!). All this to say: stay tuned, let’s check in again after the next RhinoWIP and see what happens.

Best,
-Dan

1 Like

Thanks @Dan for taking another look at this. I think as more Python scripts are written a resolution will be helpful.

A couple of other things I had noticed that I thought was worth mentioning while you are testing this.

First the Pink Icons can vary in darkness to almost a red color on different buttons. As you can see from the image these are 2 buttons linked to 2 different python scripts. Both buttons are using the exact same image, but one shows up a different color.

The second thing a have noticed when making a button is that I have to place the image of the button before I put the code into the script command box. If I place the code first the script data disappears when the button image is place.

Again, these are minor issues, but I thought it was worth mentioning because the behavior is not expected.

1 Like

The latest Mac WIP Build 5E12w has fixed this issue. Thank you!

1 Like

Good to hear! Thanks for taking the time to verify the fix.

@dan Installed the latest 5.4 WIP (5E44W) and the pink icons are back.:flushed:

Confirmed 5E12W fixed the issue. Not sure what happened between that WIP and the latest version 5E44W, but the bug has snuck back into the fray.

Sorry whipping that dead horse again.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Jason - looks pink here too - thanks for the heads up.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-2874

-Pascal

1 Like

@jason One “feature” of the original bug is that it would likely store the modified pink image with the tool button rather than the original image you assigned. That won’t happen any more.

To fix your tool buttons, use the command editor to replace the pink images with the correct image in your tool buttons, and the original image will now stick.

@marlin That seemed to have fixed it. I have restarted a few times and the new images are indeed sticking as they should.

After replacing images on buttons and restarting.
Current 5.3.2 (5d197) have pink icons as expected.
Latest 5.4 WIP (5E44w) do have the correct icons.

Thank you for looking at this again.

How can I save my toolbar to share with another rhino?
Is that possible?