Picture Frame Error

Can anyone explain why the picture frame is displaying the path to the Alpha Mask in the image? How do I hide this? See red arrow pointing towards path in picture frame object.

I’m using these settings:

Vertical SelfIllumination=Yes EmbedBitmap=Yes AutoName=No AlphaTransparency=Yes

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric - Did you just create this picture or are you opening an old file for which textures may be missing?

-Pascal

Pascal

I made this picture a week or so ago. I thought I embedded the image in the picture or at least that was my intention. I am trying to create a library of these images to use to drag and drop into equipment layout floorplans. Some, not all, of the pictures I had in the file I was working on came up with this path name inscription one day when I opened the file? If you create a picture frame and embed the file do you need the original .png file that was used to create the picture frame object? I would like to be able to pass these things around without having the original picture following it around if possible.

Eric

Hi Eric - is this all in V5 or V6?

-Pascal

I’m working in 5 but also have 6 available.

Eric

Hi Eric - in V5, you could embed PictureFrame images at the time the PictureFrame was created. Otherwise, they would not be embedded. In V6, the mechanism is different - Picture (new command name) images are treated just like any texture used in materials - they are saved with the 3dm file by default and if not present on the machine where the file is opened, they unpack to a separate folder and are then used from that location, but they are not embedded in the 3dm file in the same way as V5.

-Pascal

Thanks Pascal. I’ll check that out in Rhino6.

Eric