Picky OSnaps

That’s unfortunate for me :wink: Over here if I go to the IP_Main tab, and be sure that 2D::Heavy, Light, Vlight layers are off, with End, Mid, Near, Cen, Quad OSnaps on, using any shaded view mode, I cannot get almost any OSnap to hit.

Sam

OK, I see it now. I’ll try to figure out what’s going on. I’m guessing it may be related to clipping planes.

I found and fixed the problem. The visibility testing wasn’t paying attention to clipping plane orientations properly, and didn’t obey per viewport visibility, like HideInDetail.

1 Like

I feel there is a need to have some sort of testZBiasFactor for the new visibility testing. I still find it hard to get the OSnaps I want with regularity when modeling small bits (trying to manually close fillets, that kind of thing) and I constantly have to flip around to the other side of my surfaces to get my snap, which is a pain.

Although I do seem to be the only one going on about this, I feel a bit like Don Quixote tilting at OSnaps :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I added “Snap to occluded objects” setting to Options->Modeling Aids to make it possible to turn off the osnap visibility testing when necessary. I added it on March 2nd, so it may not be in the current WIP yet. It should help with cases that just don’t seem to work right.

You can also send models that don’t work right directly to me, so I can try to figure out how to improve the testing. The smaller and simpler the better. Thanks.