Pergola passage-slicing problem

Hi. I am trying to made sweep with different curve profile, its works with straight and ellipse line but with freeform curve slicing

not working properlyPergola passage.gh (5.2 KB) Test pergola.3dm (1.3 MB)

You can cull out redundant section profiles like this.

On second thought, you could also use Orient.

Pergola passage_reV2.gh (22.0 KB)

i dont have this one/ how can i alter this with something else?

Actually, for your specific case, that’s redundant…

Pergola passage_reV3.gh (19.8 KB)

Yhank u so much,I did it and it work very well. But when i try to add multiple cuves its add second row of line next to it,but i want all in one curve, also how i can change thicknes of sliced pergolas?Pergola passage_reV3.gh (13.0 KB)

I don’t understand what you mean. Sketchs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ0UIOf_50E i designed this pergola according this video and in this video bench was designed from multiple cross section. but when i trying to add multiple cross section to my pergola design its not working.

I don’t intend to watch the video you said, anyway check this.
If you try to apply multiple profiles, you should mind datatree.(in this case, Graft or Group, Ungroup)

Pergola passage_reV4.gh (17.4 KB)

And get this as well.

Pergola passage_reV5.gh (26.7 KB)

Thank u Kim, one last question how to randomly join pergola profiles?

Pergola passage_reV6.gh (31.5 KB)

This very nice, but scrpit isnt working cuz of some missing parts. Can u add only one profile curve as in this picturePergola passage_reV3.gh (21.3 KB) Pergola passage_reV3.gh (21.3 KB

)

What parts? I’m pretty sure every components are native GH and compatible with both R5 & R6 except Multiplication.

Pergola passage_reV3_re.gh (16.2 KB)

I dont know exactly, but end result look like this

Obviously you are using rhino5.
Just replace the Multiplication to your old multiplication component following the screen grab of mine.

Thank u, working very well. how can i instead of random reduce put attract to curve script? i want to keep shadow element only on red line which crossing spiral curve/

Find the closest points within threshold from the rail curve division points by using attractor curve and Curve Closest Point and cull the points that are outside of the threshold by using Cull Pattern.

i tried to as u said but couldnt((

Pergola passage_reV6.gh (32.3 KB)

I think this would be the last time to help you with this. Best.

Pergola passage_reV7.gh (23.0 KB)