Peregrine user nodes issue

I’m having trouble getting user nodes to work in my 2D model.

I have user nodes applied as shown below:

This is what shows up as the preview though:

I’ve tried creating meshes, surfaces, etc. Nothing seems to work. I’m attaching my script as well.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
Stair Truss.gh (35.6 KB)

Hello
You must adjust your domain division number.

I try with 50 abnd its seem to work

I am a Peregrine beginner, but I think you can use a surface instead of a triangulated mesh to define your domain.

Your definition will be easier

Hi Jared,

I am unable to try out your file as you’re using some plugins that I don’t have - however from your preview it looks like nodes aren’t being generated inside the domain - only on the edges. You mentioned you have tried with surfaces - I would suggest returning to one of those files and increasing the density of user-defined nodes. An example of how to use user-nodes is shown in LPSolver_UserNodes.gh in the example files.

You must adjust your domain division number.

Thank you for your reply Jacques! Adding a nonzero nodal density to the design domain will create more auto-generated nodes which will then be used to find a solution over the user-defined nodes.

Kind regards,
Jack

Thanks Jacques,
I am wanting to use a specified grid of nodes (Usernodes). This is the part I cannot get to work.
Jared

Hi Jack,
I’ve been having this problem in 2D and 3D for quite sometime. I’m attaching a file simplified in a manner you suggested and I don’t think it has any special plug-ins now. Please let me know if you understand what the trouble is.
Jared
Stair Truss_v1.gh (33.8 KB)

Hi,

Recently I seen some of you guy’s are interested in using Peregrine plugin and facing some issue’s with it. I’m regularly attending workshop sessions on Peregrine plugin. There is an upcoming workshop series intrested can register and join. Here is the link:

PS: I’m not associated with Peregrine, ICAIR, University of Sheffield, Eventbrite. Just sharing it here because it might be helpful to anyone interested in Peregrine plugin. I got to know about this workshop series from ARUP structural engineer (very first series)

Cheers,
BVR

Hi Jared

After looking at your file, I am having difficulty identifying the problem; your approach is similar to how I would have done it. I have contacted the lead developer and I will update you when we identify the problem.

Kind regards,
Jack