Pen style / block question

The blank areas in this image are objects that are blocks. Does the Pen style not ‘see’ blocks?

Blocks have no lines in Simple Bright display mode
Block display bug

This bug has been true for a while… I was hopping it would be resolved in the next update. Currently you have to make an alternate version of your model, explode all blocks and then produce pen-view output. It’s a bummer.

We’ve found a workaround that goes like this. Open the blocks that are not showing, duplicate an edge or somehow draw a line or curve in the file. Save the file and update blocks if needed. You also have to move the block once back in the assembly. I use nudge to move it and move it right back. If you don’t do this, your shaded view will display the block as a wireframe.

In other words, if your inserted blocks have a line saved in the file, it will show normally.

Duplicating an edge works well. It’s there, it’s compact. and it doesn’t show up.

Problems with blocks

thanks… we’re all doing seriously silly stuff to get lines to display…

Hi,
seems also to work when you insert a point in the block. Thanks James!

Good to know, needed it today.

Is this going to be fixed in V6? As of a couple weeks ago the WIP still works this way.

Is adding a point inside a block still the solution to making it visible in pen mode? Can someone confirm please? Thank you.

(Wim Dekeyser) #9

In a quick test I do not see a problem (1) with blocks in default Pen mode in RH5 SR13 or the RH6 WIP.

(1) Except for the silhouettes of spheres not being all that reliable. In RH5 I can’t get them to show at all and in RH6 they are -sometimes- incomplete… But that’s not what this thread is about.