Pattern Recognition of Building Foot Prints

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to build a grasshopper or python script that would fill in a specified region with an array of closed polyline forms - the shape of these forms would be based off of a selection of other closed polylines that are outside of the specified region.

To make it clearer of what i want to do;

Capture

The image above shows the building foot prints of a region of Grenoble, France - and with in the red boundary I would like it to be filled with more building foot prints that shaped by a pattern detected within the building foot prints outside of the red boundary.

I understand that the question is vague and the answer will not be very simple - but i guess my acctual question is does anybody have any experience in trying to do this and know what i could look into and where, and does anybody have any thought on what pattern i should be searching for within the urban plan.

This is very speculative so i would be interested in anythoughts you have.

Thanks,
Sam

Hi,
Have you had a look at SYNTACTIC or Finch3D.

It could help you in France the cadastre could be downloaded by town. Here Biscarrosse
https://cadastre.data.gouv.fr/data/etalab-cadastre/2020-01-01/geojson/communes/40/40046/
The parcelles contain parcelles (red) where building are (green). Parcelles don’t have roads …

Screen shot of a software I develop

1 Like

Hi,
Finch3d is not yet launched for public.