Pascal- man down!

I wish you well with your recovery Pascal, at least you have the forum to cheer you up…
The next challenge - is it possible to operate Rhino one-handed, tab-lock and sub-select might be a bit tricky?

Brian.

I agree.

Best wishes for Pascal !

Well, all the best for that speedy recovery. Look at the bright side of this----you will get a chance to ponder and write that script you have been wanting to do; but, just haven’t found the time yet…get well soon…

Hi Brian- running Rhino one handed (left) is, in my experience this week, nothing short of maddening. Especially since I am very right-handed. I’m sure it’s possible to get decently competent but it would be tough to get there.

-Pascal

Hi Joe- that is what I thought as well, but in reality it is frustrating. Very inefficient to constantly need to shift between mouse or track pad (horrible) and keyboard, for one thing, plus many of the normal, unconscious, computer/UI related connections between hands and my few remaining gray cells are severed, so everything, even the smallest detail, requires way more deliberate attention than is comfortable for ‘flow’. Interesting to watch, so to speak, but still a damned nuisance if you want to get something done.

-Pascal

Yes, That and Donald Trump. It’s a good week.

-Pascal

1 Like

I knida am going through the same thing, without any physical injury. I just finished a project—and the next interior design doesn’t start until the middle of next week. I hate it. I’m not good with down time. There is always that big list of thing I have been putting off until I had nothing to do—except—I don’t have much motivation to do them. Somehow I’ll push through and get a few things done.

Well, you don’t have to answer here—I don’t want to put you through discomfort………………………………just get well………………….

Hi Pascal.

Just read about Your little accident.
Get wel soon but take all the time necessary for recovery.

Best wishes, Norbert

Just saw this, get well soon Pascal!

It will be interesting to see if after a while you have trouble going back to normal, like this guy:

2 Likes

yeah, just like that, and definitely without the neuroplasticity bit.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, all the best wishes in your direction for a full, and speedy recovery. I trust you will be back in your saddle in no time.

Thank you Sam!

This is a very nice movie. Over here in NL I’ve seen a backwards bike years ago and Dutch people where also challenged to bike a few meters. And yes they didn’t made it neither.

What struck me in the end of the movie was that it took him 20 minutes to switch to his old program to ride a normal bike again.

Man up!

Pascal is back in the office today with his wing in a sling.
So far, the arm rest on his chair is in just the right location to keep him reminded of his recent “adventure”.
We are happy to have him back in his chair for now.
He’ll be back in the saddle before long too.

JB

16 Likes

Those are great news ! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hope you get better soon Pascal!

Hi Pascal,
Hope you didn’t get a case of nasty road rash with that. Glad to hear you’re recovering.
Wishing you well.
Roland M

Pascal,
fast recovery and be up and running soon.

1 Like

get well soon!

this wasn’t you, right?

Hi nhnk01, hitenter - thanks, I am well recovered - this thread is now nearly two years old. I do appreciate the followup!

-Pascal