Parametric French Door

Hello all,

I am still a beginner using Grasshopper, and I want to make a french door, where I can change the parameters of the frame and scale the 2 bars in the middle according to the chosen dimensions.

I don’t have the script yet, as I am trying to figure out a way to do it, but as I am not familiar with every component in Grasshopper, maybe you guys can give me a hint, what plugin I can use, or any component that will make my life easy.

Thank you in advance.

Try with these components and post your result

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I will post it as soon as I have something. Stay safe.

You can start with this…

FrenchDoor.gh (13.4 KB)

Thank you so much for your help.

I am going to try this and see where it will lead me.

I will keep you updated.

Best

It would be very interesting to hear if that scheme has helped you indeed.

I want to add something buddy. I think changing the parameters of the frame and scale the two bars in the middle according to the chosen dimensions it’s not a hard task if you know simple rules. The main thing here is what type of doors are you going to install. I did have a quite similar problem recently. I needed to replace the french doors in my living room. The most important piece of this process was choosing a proper door. My best friend suggested me visiting the site https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-category/french-doors/ that he uses for many years. In the end, I was rewarded for my patience. The door I found is just stunning!