Parameter value mapping in Tekla through Grasshopper script

Hi Guys,

a very basic question related to this topic…

In order to create a new set of parameter with a list of params… is the scripts sufficient?
How to set the “Set name”?

Thanks

Hi RG, you can set an UDA with any name from Grasshopper, but if you want them to show up in Tekla dialogs they need to be specified in objects.inp:

Cheers,

Sebastian

1 Like

Thanks Sebastian…

I have another question… I found a way to fill the UDA parameter through a gh script.
The script works perfectly and I can see all the parameters compiled.

I save the Tekla Model and close it. Once I reopen the model (without opening Rhino/GH) the parameters are not compiled… I there a way to “bake to tekla” the parameters?

Thanks

Hi RG,

I can’t find a way to replicate that. Once the UDAs are written to the objects they are a part of the model, the same way as if you’d added them manually so no baking is needed. As long as you then save the model they are permanent.

Just beware that the type you set for the UDAs need to match the type that you query for in the objects.inp (if that’s how you’re querying them), otherwise you might get inconsistent behavior. If you’re using the Set UDAs component to set the attributes, check the popup tip of the UDA input for syntax on how to set the type correctly. Or use the Construct UDA component to set the type explicitly.

Cheers,

-b

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your help.

I’ve been going through the parameters topic over the last few days and I have a question.
It is possible to discretize parameters within the tekla inp file for the same tekla object type (e.g. “beam”, “column”…) but different object in real life?
I’ll explain:
within a model we can have two objects modelled as “Beam” but with completely different parameters… e.g, structural beams and electrical conduits modelled as beams…
Hope you get my point

Many Thanks

Regards

Good question, not sure actually. You could always set up different tabs for different attribute groups through the objects.inp and just ignore the tabs that aren’t relevant for the intended object usage. If you don’t set the other attributes they shouldn’t show up in any exports i think. But your local Tekla helpdesk or the Tekla forums might have a better idea about this.

Cheers,

-b