ParaCamera Plug-in Released! Assist Rhino's camera control!

Hello!
I just published on food4rhino my plug-in named ParaCamera!

The ParaCamera plug-in assists in parametric control of Rhino’s camera.

To get the perfect angle of view in Rhino, the following components are included.

• GetCamera: Gets the camera location of the specified view.
  • SetCamera: Sets the camera location of the specified view.
  • SetFrame: Sets the rectangular frame and updates the specified view to the corresponding angle of view.

It is possible to control not only the perspective view but also the parallel view.
It is currently in the development stage, and additional functions will be added through version upgrades.

The current version of ParaCamera is 0.1.0.
ParaCamera examples and documentation will be added in the next release.

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Thank you starting this tool. I’m going to start playing with it immediately. And I’m sure you will get a lot of user feedback here.

Thank you

1 Like

@tay.othman
Thank you so much!
If there is anything you want or if there are any bugs, please let me know anytime!!

1 Like

ParaCamera 0.1.1 is released!
Fixed a bug that could not be used in Rhino 6.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I’m linking a related thread by another user who is requesting to have Pre-defined camera presets. this helps the users working in Film / Set Design.

Advanced camera tools - Rhino - McNeel Forum

2 Likes

@tay.othman
Thank you so much!!
I think it looks like an interesting feature!

ParaCamera 0.2.0 is released!

Added Example file.
This is the first example file of ParaCamera. This example file contains how to use each component!

3 Likes

GH freezes when you try to run SetCamera ifthe View is defined by a panel with the name of a NamedView, but that namedView is not yet created

1 Like

@crz_06

Hello!
Thank you for using ParaCamera!

I could not reproduce the freeze in Grasshopper.

NamedView_Error.gh (11.0 KB)

If you connect a view name that is not defined to a view input, you should get an error “The View name does not exist.”.

Could you please post screenshots, files, etc.?

Thank you!!

I temporarily removed the plugin for now, but did you test it with executing the ‘set camera’? i.e. turn toggle to true?

Thank you for your reply!

For the undefined view, the same error “The View name does not exist.” is executed whether the Toggle is False or True, and the component is not executed.

NamedView_Error_02.gh (15.8 KB)

I have done other tests and have not been able to reproduce the freeze on the Grasshopper.

I would like to solve the bug, but I need a few more hints.
If you can post the results of the command SystemInfo in Rhino, it might help.

If you don’t want to send it to the Forum, you can send it to the ParaCamera email address.
paracamera.gh@gmail.com

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

ParaCamera 0.3.0 is released!

View and Projection inputs of all components now support ValueList connections.

Now even easier to use!

ParaCamera

This feature could not have been completed without @magicteddy help on the forum.

Thank you for all your help on that occasion!

1 Like

An error occured during GHA assembly loading:
Path: C:\Users\pcuser\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\cameraControl.gha
Exception System.IO.FileLoadException:
Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\pcuser\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\cameraControl.gha’ or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Exception System.NotSupportedException:
Message: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See <loadFromRemoteSources> Element | Microsoft Learn for more information.

@richard.aubin

Thanks for your comment!

The error seems to be caused by cameraControl.gha, not ParaCamera.
(For ParaCamera, it would be ParaCamera.gha).

Perhaps you have not unlocked the security of this plugin.

You can check the official explanation video around 1:06 to see how to unlock it!

Sorry my friend. You are correct.

1 Like