Panelling Tools/Rhino for Mac (WIP) beginner

Hello forum, I may have a small project where I think panelling tools may come in handy. I believe we can only use this on the WIP, I have never even used the commands before, so my question, is there some good tutorials online which shows the Mac WIP panelling tools and the basics of using them ? (I can’t seem to find any) :frowning:

None that I know of, but you should be able to follow along with the windows ones. You will have to type the commands though, since there are no icons or palettes for the tools. They all start with PT …

Search on the Rhino Vimeo channel

I was doing some textures a few weeks ago with it. Good Luck!

«Randy

1 Like

had a search on vimeo/you-tube channels, couldn’t find anything about using panelling tools in rhino for mac :frowning:

@rhinorudi are panelling tools and grasshopper (explicit history) completely different ?

There is none that I know of, for the Mac.[quote=“rhinorudi, post:2, topic:38985”]
None that I know of, but you should be able to follow along with the windows ones
[/quote]

Can you not use the Windows tutorials? The commands are the same, but on a Mac …

Maybe someone else knows of some mac specific tutorials.[quote=“milezee, post:4, topic:38985”]
panelling tools and grasshopper (explicit history) completely different
[/quote]

yes

the main difference is that there’s no icons for paneling tools on mac… you have to type the commands such as what Randy showed.

besides that, most of what works in windows will also work on macOS.

(or, saying a different way, everything i’ve learned about using paneling tools on mac has come from Rhino for Windows based tutorials)

1 Like

thanks for chipping in @rhinorudi @jeff_hammond , i’ll see what i can find on the windows side

Hi! This was very helpful, but I have one question… How I do “offset points” in the panelling tools? I can’t find this in Mac, only Windows… its another name? Or don’t exist?

Hi! This was very helpful, but I have one question… How I do “offset points” in the panelling tools? I can’t find this in Mac, only Windows… its another name? Or don’t exist?

Yes, there was an update in the Wondows only (including the offset points) that was not released for the Mac. However, if you use Rhino 7, then PT is the same in both.

1 Like

Oh, ok! Got it! So, if I do the update (my version is the free trial, because im learning and im a student) I will get this problem (offset point) solved, right?

Yes, there is a Rhino 7 evaluation that you can download from here…

did i miss the official launch or am i just confused?

Rhino 7 has been available for purchase for a week or so. However there has not been launch announcement by McNeel.

thanks David, i missed that completely…