Panelled doors and walls in VisualARQ

Hi,
What is the best way to model using VisualARQ the room shown in the attached picture?

• Is there a library we can use to download panelled doors? Can we customise an exisitng one, or do one from scratch as per attached picture? What about the architraves?
  • Can we add a typical section for the cornice and skirting board to the wall type?
  • Can we add a typical section to the door architrave?
  • How to model a wall panelling?

Thanks for helping…

Panelling

Kind regards,
Rinaldo

1 Like

Hi Rinaldo,

For the moment we don’t have a library with doors with such details. You can always create your own door objects from blocks or using Grasshopper VA styles.

About the walls, you can create a simple wall, then model the moldings as Rhino solids and finally use the “vaAddSolids” command to add the moldings to the wall. Another possibility is that you model the whole wall (including moldings) as a Rhino solid and then use the “vaWallFromSolid” command to turn it into a wall.

Regards,
Alfonso

1 Like

Thank you Alfonso…

• Is it possible to import BIM objects such as furniture or doors & windows (maybe typical objects you find in Revit format)?
  • how do you create a door object from blocks? You model it in Rhino and import it as door somehow? Is there a command? How to customise the size of the door in that case?
  • I’m not familiar with Grasshopper VA styles. Is there any manual you can recommend?
  • I’ll try the vaAddSolids and vaWallFromSolid tomorrow…
    Thanks!!
    Rinaldo

Hi Rinaldo,

Regards,
Alfonso

I have attached my Grasshopper definition for interior doors, maybe it will help you and you just have to adjust it a little. (but names are in German)

_Tür Innen.gh (88.0 KB)