The new PanelingTools for the new Rhino 7.2 is now available. You can access Rhino 7 evaluation and upgrades from here…
Download and installation:
- Windows: Made very easy. Run the new PackageManager command in Rhino 7 (make sure you have the latest Rhino 7 service release candidate 7.2), search for PanelingTools, Install and restart Rhino.
- Mac: PT is shipped with the Mac for both Rhino and Grasshopper. No need for any installation! Note that PanelingTools runs as a command-line plugin in the Mac (no menu, just type pt and all of the commands auto-complete). There is however a new PanelingTools tab in Grasshopper with all the components.
- Rhino 6 or 5: Make sure you have the latest Rhino service release, then download the corresponding PT version from here…
Getting started tutorials and manuals:
- New paneling workflow tutorials (2-7 minutes). View…
- New commands-workflow tutorials (1-3 minutes). View…
- Other tutorials and documentation are found here…
Highlights of what’s new in PT7:
- PT now runs the same version in Windows and Mac.
- PT in the Mac is now available in Rhino and Grasshopper without additional installation, while in Windows, you still need to run the new PackageManager command in Rhino 7 and find and install PT from there. That means new PT updates can be accessed in Windows as soon as they are released, but in the Mac, they become available with new Rhino7 service releases.
- SubD is a new technology and geometry type introduced in Rhino 7. PT added a new command to create a SubD surfaces directly from PT grids (ptSubDFromGrid). See more details about SubD modeling in Rhino 7
- Rhino 7 introduced a new technology to run Rhino-Inside other applications. As a result, it is now possible to use PanelingTools to create paneling solutions for Revit using the new Rhino-Inside-Revit. Check this tutorial that involves PT RiR workflow…
- Added additional built-in patterns in ptPanelGrid command.
- Added the ability to input a list of distances and angles to ptGridArray and ptGridArrayPolar commands instead of single values.
- Many bug fixes and new enhancements.
- Fixed a few crash bugs.
As always, I hope you enjoy using PanelingTools and look forward to hearing your feedback.
Happy New Year!