Panel Numbering according to Rows

Another method

Panel_Numbering_211002a.gh (43.8 KB)

-Kevin

4 Likes

This wasn’t easy! I started with your Panel_Numbering_rev02.gh and changed as little as possible.

Panel_Numbering_2021Oct02b.gh (35.2 KB)

I carried the surfaces along with their normal planes (‘Frames’) in the blue group but didn’t use them.

Looks great @kev.r, much better than mine, but:

missing

I got around that by using an expression on the Sort List ‘K’ output: round(x,2)

2 Likes

Forget to check for plug-in use before I uploaded.

Updated the file to include your change - better with fewer components (and no plug-ins).

Panel_Numbering_211002b.gh (45.2 KB)

-Kevin

2 Likes

@kev.r @Joseph_Oster @rajeev_pulari ,

dear all,

Thank you so very much for your great support and the provide solutions.
Now the panels have row and count text on them, which is great.

Only thing Which i will need to try to figure out, is how to flip the text, so i can see and read the text from the backside .

Thank you very much again for your effort, help and support.

Wish you all a great Sunday.

Cheers,

KE

1 Like

You could use Flip Plane.

TextFlip_re.gh (8.8 KB)

2 Likes

@HS_Kim ,

Hi Kim,

i have tried to put in the Flip Plane and i get the attached result.
I m not sure how i could further "flip the text so it will be horizontal, but this would do for me, although it would be more ideal if the text would be horizontally. But that would do the task for me.

I have another tricky thing, how can i bake the panels combined with this text into Rhino Space?
As there is no output on the text, i have no idea how i can bake these two together in Rhin, so they are as a unit in Rhino and can be taken from there for further procedure.
The panes alone i can easily bake and store in a layer in Rhino, but the text is not taking for baking.

Any Hint on this baking?

Thanks for your thoughts and effort help me.
All f you are a great help here.

Please see attached PDF and also my code as I have it in the moment.

Thanks a lot and a great Sunday.

KE

Panel_creation + numbering_00.gh (45.3 KB)

@Joseph_Oster @rajeev_pulari @kev.r @HS_Kim
dear,

i just went trough the definition and checked the results, and i just noticed that the build-up of the panels is now somehow from the net-line downwards and not upwards.
In this case now, at the panel surface, my gap is closing and is not 18mm anymore.
Did I made some mistake so that the extrusion of the 30mm is now downwards, also the "return bend with the holes is now at the bottom side of the panels and not on top of the build-up.

What did i do wring here?

Thanks,

The last code I posted (Panel_Numbering_2021Oct02b.gh) contains PFlip (Flip Plane) and PRot (Rotate Plane) components. If you bypass PFlip by connecting its input directly to Align (Align Plane), the text will face backward.

If you skip PRot, the text will not be rotated 90 degrees. It’s all in the details!

If you flipped the plane, what do you expect? It’s critical to understand what each component is doing so you can answer some of these questions yourself.

@Joseph_Oster
Is there a way to reverse the same for the joining of all the parts, so i have my panel build in the way it should be, means from the net line upwards?

I guess where my mistake is, is when i have the panel itself build, it is ok, but when i add the text with the flip plane, it is messing up the original panel build.
Am i right here with what i made or understand wrong?

Thanks,

Yes. But if you can’t figure out some of this stuff yourself, give up and stop using Grasshopper.

@Joseph_Oster
i will do my best to find the mistake i did.

You guys have helped me already a lot and i thank you for this.

I will update when i figure it out.

Thank you all very much.

Cheers,
KE

@Joseph_Oster

Hi Josef,

i found the issue in the Code, it was in the first part of the panel creation, where i had some “negative” components placed.
Now the panels are properly build up.

Is there a way to bake the panels with the text into rhino?
I cant find any way to do so together. For panels alone is no issues, but together i cant get a solution.

Thanks,

KE

Try harder.

https://discourse.mcneel.com/search?q=text%20bake

1 Like

@Joseph_Oster
Hi,
I found, if i set the size of the text to 1 or even 0.5, then the bakes result shows proper text at the panels.

Not sure if this is the right way to do so, but in my try it works and show good size to the rhino space.

Thanks,
KE

u can check out for some plugins for baking and control annotation styles …

@rajeev_pulari
Hi,

thanks, I will try to look for some plugins.

cheers,

KE