Pagefile size

@wim

Mesh settings “Jagged & faster” by default, and I think I tried custom on the lowest setting too, but this might have caused some issues at rendering times, but I can’t remember if it did or did not affect the Vray render.

@pascal

I understand the Min/Max functionality right now, but my question was more, is it the undo option that causes this massive ram usage when going from wireframe to shaded? I don’t believe that is an undo-able option is it?

Still…
Could you select all your objects and go to the properties pane > Details and check the amount of vertices and polygons of the render mesh?

@wim

Render mesh: 84 quality meshes 2516604 vertices 2732519 polygons

Thanks Peter. That aren’t all that many polygons, no…

Best to send that file to technical support from the upload page.

Hmm, I don’t think so- I mean, of course, there will be a, potentially large, difference in file size when render meshes are first added, but I don’t think that is what you are talking about- does it go back down if you ClearAllMeshes? How about if you then ClearUndo?

-Pascal

Well the times I’ve had problems with this file, it just put my hard drive full up to the brink of either Rhino or windows crashing.

The file I’ve uploaded trough the link Wim posted. Perhaps it’s something with the file.

Peter, is Vray your renderer? And, did the file start life as a V4 file, by any chance?

thanks,

-Pascal

Vray could have been yes, And I don’t believe it started as a V4, We only have version 5 and I don’t expect the model to be old enough.

Hi Peter- can you please run Audit3dmFile on this and send the resulting text to me (pascal@mcneel.com)

thanks,

-Pascal