Packing textures not always actually packing the textures

I choose SAVE AS - then - Save Texture

I was expeting that rhino brings my textures into the same folder as Rhino are. But surprisely it just save the Rhino file. For example. If i turn of my externa drive, where there is my library main folder… Rhino lose the textures. And the supose “Save textures” wont work. (do you know what i mean)?

The texture files get embedded into the actual 3dm file. Try saving a copy with and without save textures checked. You should see the file size difference equal to the texture content used in the file. I personally prefer to enable the Options>Rendering>Embed textures option and then save the file so that this embedding always occurs. If you are referencing an external drive and you turn it off before saving with the save texture option, it may not be able to embed the textures. I don’t know if we use a temp copy of the texture files or look to the local drive location and embed from that. In any case, don’t turn off the external drive before saving if you want to embed textures into the 3dm.

I hope this helps

I will try your options. And then i come back to tell if it will solve.

Thanks

Issue RESOLVED.

1º - Have to turn on Embedded Rendering Options
2º - Save as - choose Save texture

Rhino will create a folder with all textures in use.
I think i was made some like this before, but it is possible that i miss some step.

Although… I wanto say THANKS.
:slight_smile:

No problem, I’m glad you have it working now.

I think i found the problem.

I am using the - printdisplay - command … with - scale x3 -

If i turn printdisplay off it will correct this. BUT! in other way i am unable to get perfect quallity.

i am about to clean just the clip intersection to get the file smaller and send to you. Because, if this is a trouble without a fix method, i wonder if RHINO 6 come out with better clipping plane options.

Plus! i found some solid troubles… I would love to share this file, but it have 150MB size. It is impossible to send it through here

I think you may have meant to reply in another thread… right? Thanks in advance for sending the file. You can also send it direct to tech@mcneel.com with a description of what you’re reporting.

Please respond in the correct topic… it will get very confusing if you keep responding about clipping planes in the thread on textures.

UPS… i did not pay attention to the subject of this toppic.
…in correction…

sorry sorry…
:frowning: