Packing circle of different radius

Hi guys!
I have been working on an expression that can do something to me like in the attached drawing.
Basically I have 4 types of circles with different radius, and I need them to multiply inside a larger circle (as it appears in the drawing)
the subject that I have been researching a lot but nothing has come up, I was reading some forums but they talked about using script and programming it and I still don’t know how to do that, does anyone have a tutorial or know a link where I can get more information to learn how to do it ? what can you teach me?
I hope you can help me!
Thank you very much!!

Hi Carlos - see

for a start…

-Pascal

I have been looking at it, but since it works with gravity it is not what I am looking for, I have been trying to have 3 or 4 radios established and have them replicate within the circle, I will keep trying and if someone else knows how I could do it, happy if they contact me and help me!
Thank you

Hello
It is a bit difficult for me to understand what youbare after. If you dont want to program and if you learn nothing on all the articles on circle packing seems to be a bit strange …
Some advices
Try to explain what you are after in term of events. It will help understand which algorithm you are after.
After that it will be possible to write an algorithm or find one existing

I understand you want to put a circle in a circle then a next one etc … is the next close from others circles does it touches one or 2 circles … Explain the logic.

Is something like that near what you want

See that also,

1 Like

Hello, yes I’m sorry, my English is not very good and maybe I can’t explain myself well.
I am working on a composition of different PVC tubes inside a large circle, I have 5 different diameters of Tubes.
what I want to do is that these 5 different diameters are ordered randomly within the largest circle.
I reviewed previous posts but I had to program with python and I haven’t learned that yet (I hope to learn it soon).
I will continue reviewing the posts, if there is something more similar to what I am looking for, I will be happy if you can share it or help me how to do it,

Thanks a lot!
Cheers,

Hi @Carlos_Larrain_Lihn
Did you try the definition “circles_in_circle5sizes” linked directly above?
That’s exactly packing 5 different diameters in a larger circle. It has inputs for the number and radius of each type.
The only thing to watch out for is that you have to set the assembly reference location. Once you open the file you’ll need to right click the “C#” component, choose ‘Manage Assemblies’ then Add and point it to the dll location on your machine
(typically C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\Components\KangarooSolver.dll)

1 Like