Organizing Orthographic Surfaces for Illustrator Export

Hello

I want to create an orthographic drawing where the walls are simply painted depending on their orientation, like this:

This would seem simple enough, except of course I have to automate this task to make it bearable. Ideally I would not do this for the hundreds of buildings on my site, and additionally it would be nice to have this process ready for the next time I have to do something like this.

I have had some luck with rhino - someone wrote me a grasshopper script that separated all of the surfaces by their orientation, meaning that I have three layers, one for the roof, west facing, and south facing walls.

However, my issue is that these layers do not stack properly. No matter whether I put the south, or west facing walls on top of each other, there is still some incorrect looking overlap.

I am pretty stuck here. How can I automate this process? I am looking at processes in Rhino or in Illustrator.

For reference, here are the rhino and illustrator files.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XzipnNc3t3AxGRiZg8jCctOVGDZ4rrTp/view?usp=sharingLink

Hello - I do not see a clean way out - the objects on the layers are not consistently all in front or behind others. Make2D is worth a shot here - combined with CurveBoolean, you can get all the 2d closed curves you need, but lose the sorting.

I’ll think about how to keep the sorting - I have an idea anyway…

-Pascal

In this case, you would still have to manually colour each space once youre in illustrator, right?

This makes me wonder how anyone achieves this effect in orthographic drawings.