Orbiting out of ortho view

I have a key combo (command+`) that will take me into an orbiting view from any orthoganal cplane, however when I’m using the blend surface tool and I get into an ortho plane to manipulate a control point, I cannot then get back into an orbit mode without cancelling the tool process. It’s rather maddening. Is there a suitable key combo that will do this and not cancel various tools?

You can try this, since you can use middle-mouse button during a command. In Commands, add the SetView icons to your middle mouse button. I added Front for this demo …

I have 2 simple lofts that I want to use BlendSurface on. I enter a tumble on my Front Viewport, use Ctrl + Shift + RMB. More info on this here … Keyboard and Mouse Combinations [McNeel Wiki] … My surfaces …

Start my Blend Surface command …

Now i want to manipulate the points, but in a direct Front view, so I click my middle mouse button to get my setViewFront command …

Way down at the bottom right, there it is and i am still in the Blend Surface command.

IHTH « Randy

Sweet and simple. ( I think I remember learning this some months ago.) 2 forward and one back.

I notice you have a second popup menu created. I think I asked about this last year as well, but I never figured out how it’s done. How is the original popup menu accessed if you use the mmk for the RG popup?

Do you mean if you want to revert to the default MMB popup ?

It is not deleted when you create a new one …

Reset it in Preferences / Mouse, Popup, this toolbar and choose …

I would like to have a second popup menu. I use a multibutton mouse and I assigned the mmb to a thumb button because the scroll wheel/mmb is problematic. I’ve other buttons I could use for a nother popup. But it seems to be undoable.

this discussion has been had elsewhere, search for how to assign menus to mouse buttons. Good luck !

I would just assign the ones I need to my custom one, but I am in the least icons and less mouse buttons are better category. Happy Weekend !

you can try the dashed version of -BlendSrf
this will possibly allow you to work with this command in a similar way as most other commands.