openNURBS 6 fails to link

The following projects failed while trying to compile using VS2017 Community edition.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1276 invalid directive ‘Studio’ found; does not start with ‘/’ example_write C:\Users\rajeev\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\opennurbs\example_write\example_ud.obj 1
Error LNK1276 invalid directive ‘Studio’ found; does not start with ‘/’ opennurbs_public C:\Users\rajeev\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\opennurbs\opennurbs_freetype.obj 1
Error LNK1276 invalid directive ‘Studio’ found; does not start with ‘/’ example_brep C:\Users\rajeev\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\opennurbs\example_brep\example_brep.obj 1
Error LNK1276 invalid directive ‘Studio’ found; does not start with ‘/’ example_roundtrip C:\Users\rajeev\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\opennurbs\example_roundtrip\example_roundtrip.obj 1
Error LNK1276 invalid directive ‘Studio’ found; does not start with ‘/’ example_convert C:\Users\rajeev\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\opennurbs\example_convert\example_convert.obj 1
Error LNK1276 invalid directive ‘Studio’ found; does not start with ‘/’ example_read C:\Users\rajeev\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\opennurbs\example_read\example_ud.obj 1
Error LNK1276 invalid directive ‘Studio’ found; does not start with ‘/’ example_userdata C:\Users\rajeev\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\opennurbs\example_userdata\example_ud.obj 1

Solved.

Seems like the opennurbs files needs to be in a path without spaces to be able to compile. I had extracted to a directory called Visual Studio 2017/projects … and that was causing the problem.

I suppose it should compile even if the path has spaces… the script does not escape the spaces properly.

Thanks! I was having the same problem until I moved my Solution to a folder name which did not have spaces.
In the past I’ve used “C:\OpenNurbs 4.0” and “C:\OpenNurbs 5.0”, but now I am using “C:\OpenNurbs6.0” and all is well.